Government of South Africa Future Professors Programme – The Department of Higher Education and Training in South Africa is on the look out for those with promising career in academics to apply to be part of the transformative that was recently announced aimed at producing the next cohort of South African professors which can be guessed from the name of the program.
Government of South Africa Future Professors Program
I won’t be taking much of your time as I will be taking on the eligible countries, where the exam is taking place, what is the award all about and who are those that are expected to apply for the program.
Important Information you should know
15th of July 2019
Countries that are Eligible
where is the Program taken place
About the Award
The Future Professors Program offers the following: structured curriculum that is made up of intensive seminars and International placement aimed at accelerating or speeding up the readiness of young people that are interested in academics for professoriate.
The following are the the criteria that applicants must have
- A deep interest in the pursuit of advanced scholarship
- Evidence that you have participated in Productive and great scholarly work
- Direction in academics and Early sign of purpose
- Willingness to take risks in the learning of better ideas, richness and Novelty.
- You must be ready to benefits and contribute to the scholars community
- Self-awareness, teachability and resilience are few of the skills that you must possess.
Candidates are expected to be lecturers and senior lecturers that are in possession of doctorate degree and who must be able to provide evidence of significant academic achievement that is beyond the doctoral degree. Candidates can apply for this program through the University Vice-Chancellor’s office and other approved authority. T
The school is expected to nominate up to five candidates for possible selection. The first batch of cohort will be made up of 20 – 28 fellows. The programme will start in January and it is open to all academics with emphasis on women and black scholars.
Number of Awards
The first batch of cohort will consist of 20-28 fellows
How to apply
Submission for Government of South Africa Future Professors Program will need the following documents:
- One curriculum vitae
- Contact details of three referees
- The application should have a short institutional nomination by the Vice-Chancellor or by approved authority of your university addressed to Professor Jansen of Stellenbosch using the email email@example.com.
- Two-page evidenced based submission explaining how you meet up with the attributes.
Note: Applications are limited to five candidates per University and submissions can only be made via the office of the approved authority. All you need to know can be gotten from the official site.
- List of Universities and Polytechnics whose Post UTME form is out
- How to check JAMB Admission status online
- Worst Courses to study in Nigeria Universities
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
Do you have anything to ask on Government of South Africa Future Professors Program? Kindly make use of the comment box.
And don’t forget to Join our Facebook group for latest information on scholarships in South Africa, Latest JOB Vacancy in South Africa and gist on Universities around the world. Goodluck